Accessible Guest Services Training
Issue Date: October 1, 2011
Every person who deals with the public regardless of the level in the company, must receive accessible guest services training. This applies to:
- All regular full and part time Team Members including:
- Newly hired Team Members
- Team Members returning from an extended absence
- Team Members hired on a contract basis
- Student Team Members
The following individuals must also receive training:
- Third parties including those that develop and approve guest services related policies and procedures
A portion of the training is the computer-based AF TIMS training title: How May I Help You? PTS Training should be delivered by a qualified person. New Team Members should be provided with one-to-one coaching with the immediate supervisor or a designated trainer who is qualified to train the material.
Topics that shall be reviewed include:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device, or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use equipment made available by Tim Hortons to help people with disabilities to access goods and services, and
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Tim Hortons goods and services
All Restaurant Team Members shall be trained in Accessible Guest Service by completing the The AF TIMS title, "How May I Help You?" by January 1, 2012. Team Members that join the organization after this date will complete the title as soon as practicable.
Trainees are tested throughout the AF TIMS title, "How May I Help You?" and will only be able to advance through the title by successfully completing a quiz at the end of each topic.
Records of Training
Training will be recorded on the Learning Centre. Individual training records for anything in addition to elearning will be kept in the employee files or in a centralized file related to AODA.
- Accessible Guest Services Policy Statement
- AF TIMS title "How May I Help You?"
- Manager PTS for the How May I Help You title
- A Guide to Accessible Guest Service
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Tim Hortons Documents